When it has been long since you’ve done something, getting back to doing it actually gets tougher. Like exercising, waking up early, dieting and blogging!
So each time that I’ve planned to blog, I feel very unenthusiastic about it, simply because it’s been too long. I forget about the stuff that I had thought of noting down. I forget the moments I’ve enjoyed and planned mentally to note down. So days pass and all that had to be written gets lost somewhere.
- I have been involved and busy with something new. Some new plans that struck me when I was at home during a small break between change of projects at office. Something that I had wanted to do always but just didn’t take up. Will it turn out the way I want it to? Only time will tell. But I am glad that I took a step towards it. I will share the details of it in a subsequent password protected post. People keen to read about it, please leave me a message in the comments and I will mail you the password. I have loads of plans and dreams about it. I need to wait to see how it shapes up!
- Apart from this, change of project led to change of work location and I now have to take the Outer Ring Road, which people dread about. Every day scores of people curse the traffic on this road and yet have to take it for they can’t miss work. The first day, Monday when it was raining continuously, it took me 3hrs to reach office, by bike! The second day, I took a bus, left at 7.30 in the morning hoping that I will reach early as I left early. Shockingly it took me 4hrs that day to reach my office. With a splitting headache, I was almost in tears. I decided that if I don’t get a cab service by the company, I will quit!
I enrolled for a cab the same day and now it takes me 2hrs. 4hrs to and fro every day. What a waste of time!! But yeah, the travel is much better, lesser stressful.
- If you guys had been the Bangalore Book Festival held at Palace Grounds and you happened to see two crazy ladies loaded with three bags of books, that was us! I and my sister were really upset last year that the fair was not held at Bangalore, so this year we didn’t want to miss it at any cost. We started off from our homes and were there by 12.30 in the noon. What was planned as a 2 or 3hr affair went on up to 5.30 in the evening. We came home with 30+ books between the two of us!! This was when we didn’t find any book that was on our “to-be-read” list! I wonder what we would have done, if we had found those as well. If you don’t believe me, take a look! 😐
We also had the BIG papad. It was there that we got to know that it’s the Bikaner papad. It had been ages since I had one of those. We used to have it as kids, when we went to exhibitions and the circus with our parents. It brought back some lovely memories and it tasted yumm!
- A shocking news that I had to deal with recently was when I heard that a close friend from school met with a severe accident and is hospitalized. His condition was extremely critical. He underwent a brain surgery to remove the clots, multiple surgeries for fractures on the left hand and injury to the left eye. This happened while he was driving between Chennai and Coimbatore. Worse still, his skull cap was damaged beyond repair and has now been replaced by a titanium mesh. Writing this down still sends shivers down my spine. I wept the day I heard the news. But he has been a fighter all along and has bravely fought against all this so far. He is in a better position today than what he was three weeks back. The horrible rains and bad condition in Chennai have prevented us from visiting him yet. We have been constantly praying for his successful recovery. Do send a silent prayer or wish for him, which I am sure will help!
- The new house for mom and granny has been finalized. The amount has been paid and the agreement done. Sometime next month she shall be shifting to the new place. I have mixed feelings about it. Hoping that everything goes well.
Too many things keeping me anxious and restless in the past few weeks. Hope everything falls into the right place. How’ve you been?