This page contains the header pics I upload and their background info. The memories associated with them. Photography is not even a hobby for me, I am just keen on capturing certain pictures, sometimes. They say –
A picture is worth a thousand words!
So true that is! They bring back a wave of memories and emotions! Some pleasant, some unpleasant. Yet you hold them close to your heart!
– I took this pic in front of a shawl factory/outlet on the way to Manali. I saw the perfect autumn colors, in our own country. The sight was beautiful, with the sunlight peeping out amidst the trees, in the chilling weather.
– Rain lilies in full bloom in the lovely monsoon season when we gang of friends enjoy the hot cup of tea in the open cafeteria, unlike in summers.
– A glass lamp shade painted in beautiful colors, in a restaurant at Manali, where me and Bg had yummy piping hot lunch on a cold afternoon. 🙂
– Diyas/Deepas lit at the Kukke Subramanya temple in Kukke, Mangalore during the Karthika Deepavali. It was a beautiful sight in itself, with the lamps spreading the glow in the darkness of the late evening!
– The tall silver-oak trees in Yercaud. I took this picture on a walk through the coffee plantations in Yercaud.
A tiny guy munching away happily ignorant to the fact that his home is in the surroundings of one of the seven wonders of the world – The Taj Mahal, which people from the world over throng at all times of the year!
This is how the trees that line our house street look in the month of March, the start of early summer! I love to keep looking at the tree filled with this pink bloom. 🙂
After the tiring walk up the hill to the Elephanta caves, we sat down inside the cool caves, admiring the place and feeling sad about how it is all ruined. I took a shot of the pillars there. The photo shows only the top half of the pillars as the lower half was covering only the tourists heads. 😀
Sitting on a bench at the KrishnaRao park, I saw the tiny crescent shaped moon, which looked so beautiful between the branches and leaves at dusk. I took a pic using my mobile and it did no justice to the beautiful sight!
I love lamps and candles. If given a chance I will light huge number of diyas/deepas in Deepavali. From the time we planned the house, I wanted the pooja-room in the house to have pegs for the hanging diyas (toogu-deepa). I even bought the lamps way before the house was complete. 🙂 I put it up and lighted it on the first day of this Navratri. 🙂
The raft and river at the Stream of Joy home stay. Loved the experience of rowing it ourselves. The lonely raft on the serene water, made a lovely click!
The lonely little duckling, swimming in the Ooty lake.
I realized I hadn’t uploaded pictures in a long time. The first picture for 2016 is of a bunch of flowers from my own terrace garden! 🙂
Taken at the Tannir Bhavi beach, I enjoyed my time there and loved the feeling of the sand slipping from under my feet! 🙂
The first strawberries from my terrace garden. Yay! 🙂 ❤